Leaving work

On Friday I left my job, after being there for seven years. I was hoping that it would end on a good note but ..... the thanks I got from my boss was that if I didn't stay until they found a replacement, I was not going to get paid for that whole month. Never mind that I did everything according to my contract. I gave them 3 months notice when I was supposed to give them two. And it is not my job to find them a replacement.

I was so mad I went straight to the Immigration Office who went over my contract and told me that what he was doing is illegal. They then phoned the CLA (Council for Labor Affairs) and they said that they would sort it out. I am so impressed with the service I received from them. With in 2 hours they had phoned my boss and told him that he was wring and that I would take him to court. That night I got a phone call from a colleague , not even my supervisor or my boss, and she said that my supervisor had spoken to my boss and she had sorted it out that I will get paid. What a lie!! I know that the CLA phoned and told them it was illegal.

This all happened on Thursday. When I went in on Friday, for my last day. (Which was very awkward) they quickly changed their story and said that I misunderstood them. That I was going to be paid but only at the end of the month, not when I left. Yet another lie. They wanted me to phone the CLA to drop the case before the government investigated it. But I refused. I phoned the CLA and we decided that I would only drop the charges against my boss once he paid my salary into my bank account. So we have to wait to see how this drama unfolds............

Comments

  1. Wow, you were so brave.
    Yet it is really a pity that you have worked so hard for them and they didn't know how to treat you well.
    They are not smart enough.
    Everything will be fine. ^^
    Be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and have a great holiday. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a shame, Kim! I don't know why so many bosses think they can mistreat their employees. Thank goodness you no longer work for them! Still enjoying your holiday? -Lark

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts