Free Hugs at Lotung Night Market


In the midst of H1N1, a culture that doesn't hug and a scorching hot day I went to the Lotung Night Market to give the Taiwanese my hugs. I was petrified. I had called people during the week and they all said that they would come and support me so I knew that at least 20 people would be there. I started at 4 and by 4:10 I had received my first hug. WOW and it was from a stranger. Smileys Soon the hugs just kept on coming Smileys and coming Smileys and coming Smileys and coming

By 7 that night I had hugged over 200 people. It was so amazing. I felt tired but at the same time I was bouncing off the walls. It was such a soul satisfying experience. Not just soul satisfying but soul invigorating. A few hugs really stand out. One was of this old grandmother who was in a wheel chair, who came over for a hug. A police man who couldn't quite decide at first if he should or shouldn't, a mentally challenged kid who was so happy and couldn't stop hugging and an old man who couldn't believe that I was doing this for free. He kept on asking me how much does he have to pay. Towards the end Clarice decided to help me and she loved it. All she wants to do now is hug people.

Over all it was amazing. Strangers where sitting watching me and cheering me on. An old man bought me juice and food. It gave me a bit more faith in human nature. Would I do it again. Most definitely







Comments

  1. I never thought you'd actually do it. Congratulations on a very successful hugging day, Kim. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself thoroughly. When are you doing this again? - Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I had a great time. SO many people have asked when I would do it again as they want to join me. Maybe next year. After winter ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts